MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
POSITION DESCRIPTION OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for providing support in various human resources functional areas including recruitment, training and development, performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration and office management.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Act as primary liaison with our Human Resource Outsource Company (Paychex). This includes all payroll responsibilities, financial reports, and assuring information is accurate and updated in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for new hire orientation, including training in accessing the TLO and HRO online services of Paychex.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and keeping abreast on any changes to assure BOMA International is compliant.
- Remains informed of legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to employment issues and review and update the BOMA Employee Handbook as necessary.
- Manage salary administration program, conduct wage and salary surveys to ensure salaries remain competitive and equitable also includes updating job descriptions as needed.
- Facilitating the quarterly and annual performance evaluation process, including communications and the collection of recording of related data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and keeping abreast on any changes and work with Controller to assure BOMA is compliant.
- Maintain a constructive working relationship with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Supports Controller with the implementation of approved policies and procedures designed to ensure the office achieves its short- and long-range goals.
- Oversees training programs for staff.
- Provides guidance to establish an environment that will attract and retain the desired work force.
- Maintains employee policy and procedures manual, including developing and implementing operations and personnel policies and procedures. Reviews the policy manual with staff.
- Administer and maintain employee benefits programs, including medical, dental and vision, flexible benefits plan, life insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, employee retirement savings and pension plans and workers’ compensation. Serve as a primary contact with benefit vendors.
- Manage other employee benefits such as the annual flu shot program, pre-tax transportation benefit, health and wellness.
- Approving invoices to benefit providers, ensuring appropriate calculation of premiums are being charged.
- Manage open enrollment and serve as a primary contact between insurers, participants and benefit vendors.
- Monitor COBRA coverage for terminated employees.
Recruitment and Staffing:
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt employees; writes and post job descriptions and advertisements; collects resumes, conducts phone screens; assists managers in reference checking; background checks.
- Creates and conducts new-employee orientations and exit interviews.
- Manage Work closely with Ricoh supervisor to assure meeting deadlines on assignments. Conduct monthly meetings with Ricoh management to assure BOMA’s administrative needs are being met.
- Coordinate periodic staff meetings; create a cohesive and fun team environment in creating programs/events – such as holiday party, health and wellness activities and summer fun day.
- Act as primary liaison for the property management company. Assist with annual audit.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum undergraduate degree in Business Administration or equivalent. A minimum of two to three years of Human Resource experience in a generalist or manager position and office administration. Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations influencing HR functions. Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with event planning experience a plus.