Procurement Manager: Accounting
Job Function: International
Location: Washington, DC
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Procurement Manager to manage the Institute's policies and procedures associated with procurement. This position is based in the Washington, DC office and does not have direct reports. There is occasional international travel associated with this role. There may be local travel depending on events and donor activities.
- Oversees NDI's procurement policies and procedures; serves as a global resource for NDI staff members, providing advice and guidance on procurement, including best practices for competitive bidding processes, contract negotiation, and contract administration;
- Determines the correct awarding mechanism (subgrant, subcontract or contractual service) in conjunction with program and other administrative teams
- Manages the solicitation standards for procurement; develops and maintains templates for Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Invitation for Bids (IFBs) and other solicitation methods; for significant procurements, reviews and approves actual solicitations prior to issuance;
- For significant contracts, reviews and approves contracts, bids, and justification memos to maintain compliance with NDI procurement policy, donor terms and conditions, and relevant federal regulations in conjunction with other administrative teams; collaborates with teams to resolve any issues on proposed significant procurements prior to final approval by NDI senior management;
- Coordinates with other administrative teams (including Operations and Human Resources) on procurement issues related to leases and personal services contracts
- Reviews and manages NDI's procurement policies, procedures and forms, including the NDI Procurement Manual and standard contract templates; obtains input from other administrative teams (including Accounting, Legal, Operations and Program Coordination) on policies, procedures and forms; revises policies, procedures and forms as necessary
- Monitors donors' regulations regarding procurement for any changes and, in collaboration with other administrative teams, determines whether changes in NDI procurement policies and procedures are required;
- Leverages NGO communities and networks (eg. Humentum, Bond) to stay abreast of developments and best practices related to procurement; participates in training sessions, workshops and webinars as needed
- For significant contracts, reviews the actual deliverables received from vendors, and assesses the compliance of the vendor with the Scope of Work (SOW) of the executed contract; works with the program team and other administrative teams to resolve any concerns about the adequacy of performance
- Trains NDI staff members in DC and in field offices on procurement policies, procedures and best practices; identifies critical issues and areas for improvement on and develops appropriate training materials
- Manages procedures regarding recurring procurement for both DC and field office teams, in order to help teams develop and maintain good procurement practices. Reviews compliance by teams with recurring procurement procedures, and helps to resolve any issues and variances from best practices;
- Maintains database of procurement activity and prepares reports on a periodic basis for NDI management, including Accounting, Legal, Operations and Program Coordination
- Collaborates with other teams (e.g., Regional Teams, Legal, Accounting, Internal Audit, HR, Program Coordination) to address compliance issues related to prohibited transactions and other vetting requirements.
- BS/BA degree in related field or a combination of experience and education in lieu of degree can be used
- (9) nine years of relevant experience includes
- knowledge of and familiarity with the regulations and principles of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and with other donor regulations associated with procurement
- Experience maintaining confidentiality for sensitive Procurement issues or projects and ability to use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities
- Experience managing high volume workflow and performing detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and follow-through in daily work processes with minimal supervision
- Ability to define and troubleshoot problems, apply critical thinking and analytical skills to problem solve
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner
- Has technical knowledge of subject matter and applies resources (e.g. research, regulations, guidance documents, etc) to subject matter;
- Working knowledge procurement and compliance regulations
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory documents related to both US and international compliance;
- Alignment and application of NDI procurement and compliance best practices and standards;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced technical skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Google Business (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive)
- French and/or Spanish language proficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to effectively present compliance-related, technical information to various audiences.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
Apply Here: www.Click2Apply.net/xq7twx52k7tq9qpw