Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $35,000-$40,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The Office of Admissions invites applicants for a responsible, self-motivated, detail-oriented Domicile Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Office of Admissions is a fast-paced office that serves all prospective students. The office seeks an individual interested in joining the Operations Team who enjoys advocating for students and helping them navigate the admission process. This individual will be reviewing new undergraduate applications to determine residency status for tuition purposes. Duties include:
- Process undergraduate admissions applications for residency status for tuition purposes;
- Stay up-to-date on all new initiatives and processes related to the state code of Virginia (§ 23-7.4);
- Use all available technology and reports to access documentation for Domicile review;
- Communicate with applicants as needed regarding their application for in-state tuition;
- Provide basic training on domicile for staff;
- Use customer relationship management (CRM) software as appropriate; and
- Act as liaison to many Mason offices including, but not limited to: Registrar, Student Accounts, and the Office of International Programs and Services.
- Able to work in fast-paced, process, and deadline-driven environment where prioritization of multilevel tasks are necessary daily;
- Able to learn office/university procedures quickly; with the ability to occasionally use learned procedures to help teach and train wage, student, and other full-time staff members;
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn new software applications;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proven organizational and analytical skills with strong process-oriented thinking;
- Great customer service/communication skills;
- Proven ability to work positively as a team member;
- Function well in high-volume environment with minimum supervision;
- Experience working in a university environment, customer service, or administrative position;
- Strong communication skills; and
- A bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Banner administrative system;
- Previous admissions experience;
- Basic knowledge of CRM software; and
- Working knowledge of the process for application for in-state tuition eligibility pursuant to the State Code of Virginia (§ 23-7.4).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants may apply for position number 00884z at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references with their contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :