Admin Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Office Manager, Graduate Programs
The George Mason University, School of Business, invites applications for the position of Office Manager. This position provides a full range of administrative, facilities management and office management activities for the Graduate Program Office. The position also professionally represents the School of Business Graduate Programs Office to students and visitors through front line admissions and recruitment.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Office Manager has responsibilities in the following areas: Administrative Support:
- Provide administrative support to graduate programs recruitment and academic teams;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for the graduate programs;
- Manage the calendar of the graduate programs senior staff;
- Use discretion in all transactions to maintain confidentiality for student information; and
- Provide scheduling and classroom reservation support for graduate programs. Travel:
- Prepare and process travel documentation and reimbursements for event travel for graduate programs team and
- Prepare international travel authorizations and reimbursements for faculty and staff participating in global residencies. Procurement:
- Maintain and purchase supplies using the eVA procurement system;
- Input contracts for professional services into the eVA procurement system; and
- Manage the request for proposal process for contracts and services. Office Management:
- Provide infrastructure support including key control, work orders, equipment requests, space requests, and inventory management;
- Submit and follow up on facilities requests;
- Primary facilities contact for the Arlington School of Business Office suite including student lounge access, conference room scheduling and equipment management and inventory; and
- Manage on-boarding process of new employees such as ordering business cards, name plates, and name and tags. Supervision of Grad Support Staff:
- Provide support for and supervision of the graduate receptionists for the Arlington graduate programs office;
- Delegate tasks to graduate support staff;
- Manage administrative projects in coordination with graduate administration/receptionist staff to best serve the needs of the graduate programs office; and
- Back up for graduate programs administrative associate.
- Bachelors Degree, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience in office management and administration; and
- Ability to organize and manage complex administrative processes. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a Higher Education setting or with the state of Virginia;
- Experience in Administrative Services or Event Management/Planning; and
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner, eVA, Travel Request System and 25live Scheduling systems.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00119z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by March 12, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on March 13, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :