Events and Communications Coordinator, Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) -School of Foreign
Events and Communications Coordinator, Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) -School of Foreign Service (SFS)
The Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) at Georgetown University's Walsh School of Foreign Service (SFS) is one of the world's preeminent teaching and research centers on Latin America and the Caribbean. The center regularly welcomes visiting scholars from both the United States and Latin America and foments research on the region. The center also sponsors summer programs in Brazil, Chile and Colombia, publishes working papers, and organizes a weekly online newsletter.
The Events and Communications Coordinator manages events and communications for the Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage CLAS events, including, but not limited to, conferences, lectures, VIP visits, book talks, recognition ceremonies, receptions, lunches, etc.
- Create, maintain, and promote content on the CLAS website and update social media on a daily basis, working closely with SFS Communications on technical issues.
- Assist the Director with building a content marketing strategy for CLAS.
- Prepare and publish various promotional materials, newsletters, and annual reports for CLAS.
- Work closely with the SFS Communications team on visual identity, branding, and events that will generate media coverage.
- Maintain contact databases.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of experience in event management and communications or closely related experience
- Proficiency in technologies related to the duties of the position, including social media and marketing
- Must demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Spanish language proficiency
- Experience in higher education and interest in international relations and/or Latin American studies
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.