Associate Application Support Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intelsat is seeking an Application Support Engineer to join our team of engineers for supporting solutions built using open source technologies. Principal duties will focus on solving challenging issues for highly visible and critical applications.
- Investigate and identify root cause for software and environmental issues and provide recommendations for a solution.
- Evaluate systems and application performance issues and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Automate operational tasks. Identify and contribute to automation activities. Implement automation that will support regular operational activities -- patching, health checks, application operational tasks.
- Continuous monitoring of production environment and its dependencies for health, performance, security and uptime.
- Manage and support Change/Release management for Application.
- Provide On-Call Support on a rotational basis.
- Install, configure and maintain software in test and production environments.
- Collaborate with other IT teams on enterprise-wide projects
- Document and transfer knowledge, and develop capabilities of production support team
- Interface with software development teams to get in depth understanding of the software architecture/design.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must have Linux skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks.
- Previous experience scripting in Bash is a plus
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.