Service Provisioning Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a member of the Services Provisioning Engineering team, the Provisioning Engineer will work in alignment with corporate guidance and goals to perform service fulfillment. You will work closely with the Customer Solutions Engineering team to ensure customer requirements are clear and meet customer expectations as part of the pre-sales and service fulfillment process. You will be responsible for the delivery of service and product offerings across Broadband, Media, Mobility, and Government sectors. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple satellite and terrestrial communication network technologies. You will be a primary interface to customers during the service fulfillment process and provide leadership to support organizations. The Provisioning Engineer will be responsible for generating service level designs, coordinating physical service implementation, implementing logical configurations, working with customers to support network and VSAT activation and providing technical expertise. In this role, you will provide scheduling guidance, approvals to proceed with implementation, orchestrate and lead the service provisioning process and ensure a quality handoff of the service to the customer and the Network Operations team. As a Provisioning Engineer you will represent the Services Provisioning team in Service Delivery meetings and work across the organization on quality and optimization initiatives.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Provision service product offerings with emphasis on delivering on customer set expectation and satisfaction
- Reserve and allocate network resources for customer service consumption
- Validate the appropriate configuration for satellite modems at Intelsat teleports and at customer sites
- Create and populate the Service Layout Record which documents the as-built service
- Collaborate with the Customer Solutions Engineering team to establish initial service requirements for new service activations.
- Collaborate with other Engineering support teams and Operations teams to determine and establish clean hand-offs to their respective groups.
- Review and validate Service Orders and associated documents for accuracy as well as validating the proper hardware/capacity required to support new standard services
- Collaborate with Engineering and Planning teams to develop the initial designs, drawings and cost estimates that address customer technical requirements for new services.
- Continuously monitor the status of all open projects during the pre-sales cycle through communication with the Customer Solutions Engineering and/or Product teams and make design modifications when changes to the initial scope have been made.
- Assist with continuous improvements by updating process and procedures necessary to improve interfaces between Service Delivery stakeholders
Can you drive these processes?
- Track services through the preparation of status reports and maintaining accurate log documentation. Participate in service requirements collection and project meetings. Create, maintain, and ensure Service Records are reflecting operational service as designed.
You should definitely have:
- An Associate Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology or a related field, or an equivalent blend of work experience and educational training.
- One (1) year of hands-on experience, with specific emphasis on satellite communications, RF theory, and Network Broadband Platforms such as iDirect, Gilat, and Newtec
- Knowledge of RF (C Band, Ku band), IF, L-Band and RF systems and teleport technologies is highly desired.
- Intermediate working knowledge of TCP, UDP and application layer protocols which includes knowledge of IPv4 addressing/sub-netting, routing, application layer protocols, as well as exposure to routing protocols such as RIPv2, BGP, ISIS, and OSPF/OFPSv3
- Some experience using Linux, RedHat, Ubuntu
- Some experience in translating service requirements into a logical service design based on standard design packages is desirable.
- Some experience translating complex technical requirements into a logical system design
It would be nice if you had:
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to develop and manipulate moderately complex spreadsheets and efficiently utilize internal software applications such as SharePoint
- IP Networking or RF VSAT Certifications
- Knowledge of various Modulation and Coding schemes for DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Knowledge and experience working as member of a cross-functional team.
- Well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite of business software.
- Must work well under pressure and change of scope
- Must be able to multitask in a very fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
- Able to take delegated work and independently work on project of moderate complexity
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.