Senior Manager of Market Research in Travel and Tourism
MMGY, the leading global marketing agency specializing exclusively in the hospitality, travel, and tourism industries, is looking for a senior research manager in its DK Shifflet office, located in McLean, Virginia, to oversee two of its highly-visible, syndicated research products. This person will join the organization at an exciting time of tremendous growth and expansion for the agency. We are seeking a highly-motivated project leader eager to make his or her mark doing smart, strategic, and high-quality work while having a lot of fun in the process.
We are driven by the mantra – We Inspire People To Go Places. As a research division, it is our mission to know more about how and why people travel than anyone else on the planet. We work closely with our agency and client colleagues to translate this knowledge into smart, strategic insights and implications for marketing decisions.
The senior research manager is responsible for all aspects of the syndicated research process for two large syndicated studies including survey management, data analysis, report production and insight delivery. The successful candidate will be positioned as the go-to agency resource for important industry trends, insights, and data to support our marketing recommendations.
The Senior Manager of Market Research will spend the majority of his/her time doing the following:
Managing 2 annual syndicated research studies, generating powerful insights that help form the basis of marketing strategy.
Employ established best-practices research method(s) for quantitative research, including survey revision and question construction, that lead to insights about traveler purchasing patterns, preferences and marketing effectiveness.
Source and solicit outside vendors for data collection, including direct oversight of the RFP process.
Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings, including recommendations, into compelling, written narratives.
Assist division leaders with departmental income forecasts, including revenue, expenses and gross margin based on the project volume, deliverables, supplier costs, internal costs and overhead.
Serve as the primary point of contact for inquiries and sales related to assigned syndicated projects.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quantitative data, research reports, magazine/journal articles, financial reports, project contracts and general business correspondence.
• Ability to write insightful research reports that effectively translate data into compelling stories that provide context and rationale for marketing recommendations
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions as it relates to market research.
• Ability to interpret, manipulate, and analyze information in research reports and from SPSS output reports.
• Ability to detect and correct problems in quantitative data collection process and the analysis of that data.
• Ability to manage large data sets.
• To perform this job successfully, must have thorough knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced degree a plus.
• At least five (5) years experience in Market Research/Insights
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.