System Support and Performance Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Position: System Support and Performance engineer - Full-time or Contractor
Reports to: Director CMS Platform support
Location: Washington DC
- You thrive on the challenge to figure out root causes in a complex system environment. Your excellent analytical skills, attention to detail - together with team working skills will help you to be successful.
- You are interested in new technologies as well as taking time and patience to understand and maintain legacy environments.
- Junior as well as Senior candidates might apply for this role. Motivation is key
- This role is a mix of a systems engineer (run, support and optimize a complex environment of high availability systems) and working with development team to optimize operability and resiliency of the overall service.
- On the support/ system administration level the successful candidate will join a small team responsible for the uptime of Publishing systems for Digital and Print products.
- The role includes a Performance engineer component related to monitoring and alerting.
- Day-to-day operation of high availability internal applications, services, and infrastructure.
- Monitoring (create, update, fine tune), incident response and resolution, investigation and root cause analysis.
- Work with development teams to optimize performance and operability, test and improve resiliency, and implement long term remediation either through code or architecture.
- Bridge gap between L1 support and Solution developers
- 24/7/365 on-call rotation required for this position.
- Analytical skills, attention to detail, teamworking. Medium speed - exact, vs. fast and barely working.
- 3-5 + years' experience - install, config and support application servers (Dedicated and cloud) platforms.
- Scripting: Expert Bash and Shell scripting.
- General monitoring and alerting experience
- Advance troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Familiar with Docker, AWS, Mongo
- Good knowledge in Apache, Tomcat, or other Web/Application servers and containers
- Good knowledge of Network stack, protocols and internet technologies.
- Familiar with the following search, monitoring, alerting and analytical tools: Datadog, Cloudwatch, Splunk, OpsGenie, Catchpoint, Soasta, NewRelic, Sumologic, Nagios, ServiceNow, Cachethq, Grafana.
- Agile methodology.