Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Associate Director in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management, Student Retention.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Managing a unique team of associate advisors with a wide degree of creativity and latitude, to include managing the evening team.
- Being accountable for the service delivery of a large team of associate advisors. Constantly reviewing and measuring the new student's journey and our delivery along that journey, by utilizing workforce management and performance metrics.
- Relies on extensive experience and knowledge of assigned segments in order to breakdown enrollment targets at the unit, team and individual counselor level taking into account known environmental factors as well as individual capabilities.
- Works closely with the campaign management team on demographic analysis in order to identify segment specific communication and outreach opportunities.
- Embrace the value of and use performance coaching to develop a nimble and collaborative team that nurtures trust, accountability, a mood for success, and a shared vision.
- Demonstrate the delivery of consistent, constructive and performance enhancing feedback by conducting and documenting regular assessments that provide specific, affirmative feedback on quality and knowledge of institution, program, administrative and academic policies. Comfort with providing feedback on a consultative conversation approach is a must.
- Provide leadership in the form of operational planning and data-driven decision making.
- Monitor and regularly report on established performance levels, staff productivity, and quality assurance. Escalate and resolve issues or concerns related to performance levels in a timely manner.
- Interpret, create, monitor, and report regularly on outreach activities, including calls, emails, and events according to established timelines within the retention campaign process.
- Maintain a consistent, positive and motivating presence. Daily seek out coach-able moments and find opportunities to creatively recognize excellent performance.
- Being physically present and consistently maintaining an approachable demeanor that illustrates your availability at all times for advisors questions and concerns.
- Handling calls from students who wish to speak to a supervisor for any reason at any time without hesitation.
- Seeking to provide same day resolution for any escalated issue with a commitment to uncovering unspoken needs and eliminating both real and perceived barriers for every student in every situation.
- Monitoring call volumes to ensure each team member is contributing equally, based on skill level, to the workload and taking immediate action to correct deficiencies.
- Regularly communicating realistic but challenging job expectations and making employees accountable for their decisions and actions.
- Monitoring the wait time for students on hold, implementing contingency plans at a moment's notice and conducting constant service deliver scans to ensure the entire student experience within SAR is flawless and memorable to every student.
- Commit to generating an atmosphere for success. Complacency, resentment, arrogance and cynicism are not moods for success.
- Commit to own the shared values, mission, and strategy of the organization.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- At least two (2) years of successful management of a service delivery organization or contact center.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in a fast paced environment while motivating others.
- Candidate must possess superior organizational and communication skills including the development of presentations and business proposals.
- In addition, the candidate must demonstrate: a strong understanding of management and leadership characteristics, the ability to successfully lead a diverse team.
- Candidate must be extremely well organized and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree Preferred.
- Experience utilizing data and metrics toward meeting and exceeding enrollment targets is desired.
- Previous work with student populations and knowledge in advising and enrollment management is preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.