Educational Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $52,000-$54,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Registrar for Scheduling and Catalog
George Mason Universitys Office of the University Registrar, one of several central units under the authority of the Office of the Provost and reporting to the Associate Provost of Academic Initiatives and Services, invites applicants for the position of Assistant Registrar for Scheduling & Catalog.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Mission The mission of Masonâ€™s Office of the University Registrar is to serve as stewards of academic information by creating, maintaining, certifying, and protecting student course, degree, and student records.
- The integrity of academic policies and student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) and state regulations.
- A competent staff that provide personalized and courteous service.
- A diverse and inclusive environment for students, staff, faculty, and alumni. Goals
- Continuous improvement and innovation in meeting the needs and expectations of students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
- Assist students with university resources to be successful.
- Adopt creative solutions while being mindful of the user perspective.
- Leverage and implement technology that supports student success and informed decision-making.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Registrar for Scheduling & Catalog, as a direct report to the Associate Registrar for Catalog & Scheduling, is a member of the Registrars leadership team and is expected to be an effective manager and an active participant in improving services throughout the university. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the production of the Schedule of Classes and the University Catalog and requires a solid understanding of how to leverage information and ideas to support student needs and the institutionâ€™s strategic goals.
Duties are primarily performed from the Fairfax campus and include the following essential duties: Schedule of Classes & University Catalog Operations â€“ 45%
- Oversees all aspects of the University scheduling of classes, including the inventory of courses in Ellucian Banner, CourseLeaf, classroom assignments utilizing 25Live, and final exam schedules across multiple campuses.
- Oversees and coaches direct reports in the Office of the University Registrar and assists with setting the direction for Catalog & Scheduling team. Monitors performance and individual development of all staff and addresses training needs and provides career development opportunities such as workshops, seminars, and training programs.
- Managing the creation and maintenance of the master course production calendars for each catalog and scheduling cycle and any associated documentation for dissemination in collaboration with the Associate Registrar for Catalog & Scheduling.
- Oversee all aspects of the development and maintenance of accurate course and program data within the CourseLeaf and in Banner. Leadership â€“ 35%
- Provides leadership and direction in the Scheduling and Catalog team to ensure the timely processing and completion of the Schedule of Classes, room assignments, final exam scheduling, ad-hoc reservations, and the University Catalog.
- Works proactively with the University Registrar, Associate Registrars, Assistant Registrars, central departments, academic units, and university leadership on changes to business processes and implementing policies.
- Represent the Office of the University Registrar in the university community to ensure regular transparent communication regarding policies and procedures. Business Process Management â€“ 15%
- Coordinate and facilitates ongoing training of end users in all CourseLeaf and 25Live applications which includes producing and maintaining training materials and communicating software enhancements, changes, production schedules, and deadlines to department schedulers and editors.
- Perform system maintenance, test software updates, and troubleshoots issues as necessary in Banner 9.0, CourseLeaf Catalog (CAT), CourseLeaf Course and Program Inventory Management (CIM), CourseLeaf Section Schedule (CLSS), and 25Live Pro.
- Collaborating with the Associate Registrar for Catalog & Scheduling, the Assistant Registrar will assist with developing business continuity documentation and best practices to support students, faculty, and staff in using tools that support catalog and scheduling .
- Responsible for managing access and roles for all end users of the CourseLeaf and 25Live applications.
- Serving as back-up to the Associate Registrar for Catalog & Scheduling, to include but not limited to attending meetings as needed and on the Universityâ€™s Emergency Operations Group.. Unspecified Responsibilities â€“ 5%
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, or a combination of education and experience
- Experience with academic scheduling and curriculum management for a large university.
- Experience managing large-scale projects/processes, e.g. academic scheduling or university catalog production.
- Experience using student information systems, preferably Banner.
- Ability to learn and use specific software packages related to fulfillment of responsibilities, e.g. CourseLeaf, Banner, etc.
- Strong commitment for innovation as demonstrated by their ability to be proactive, dynamic, forward-thinking, strategic and collaborative.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and foster collaboration with a wide variety of university clientele.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Significant experience in a registrarâ€™s, admissions, academic advising, or events management office.
- Progressively responsible management experience in an institution of higher education. Preferred Qualifications
- Web-design experience, including web-publishing and editing.
- Microsoft Office 365 experience.
Special Instructions :
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :