Senior Principal Customer Solutions Engineer Africa
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Utilize your customer focused, innovative Sales Engineering expertise to transform the customer experience by developing trusting and collaborative relationships, applying your expert system level communications engineering expertise to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, and the sales organization to help drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You thrive most when developing and maintaining trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships, internally and externally to ensure that customers experience Intelsat's Technical and Operational Excellence.
- You work well with all levels of customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer needs and drivers both technically and financially.
- You liaise confidently with multiple key contacts within the customer organization including executives responsible for IT, Satellite, and Emerging Distribution Technologies.
- You provide insights and teach customers new ways of solving problems
- You perform communications system design (satellite and terrestrial) and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and the Intelsat strategies.
- You support sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications. Typically support the most technically complex sales engineering solutions.
- You sork closely with Product Management and Corporate Strategy to drive innovation and technical development to enhance service offerings (on current and future assets
- You relish the opportunity to mentor Junior Engineers
- You apply knowledge gained working with customers to provide market intelligence to Product Management & New Product Development to help guide product evolution and new product developments.
- You provide customer training on Intelsat products, customer tools, and Intelsat operations.
You should definitely have?
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering, physics, math or equivalent.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant satellite experience (a relevant advanced degree will be considered in lieu of two years of experience).
- Good knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory.
- In depth knowledge of digital satellite network architectures and technology
- Deep IP networking knowledge, particularly pertaining to video contribution and distribution.
- In depth IP networking knowledge with willingness to obtain as a minimum Cisco Network Design Certification (CCDA).
- Ability to make optimal decisions working with diverse Intelsat internal and external customers under real time conditions.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Effective written and oral English language skills
It would be nice if you had:
- Prior experience in Customer Solutions Engineering or other Sales Engineering functions
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new solutions and new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.