IRS Internal Recent Graduate Program (Internal Revenue Agent **12 Month Roster**)
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In the Recent Graduates Program you may qualify based solely on education, experience or a combination of both. You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (GS-05): You must have Bachelor's or higher degree in accounting from an accredited college or university that included at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and an additional 6 semester hours in related subjects such as business law, economics, statistical/quantitative methods, computerized accounting or financial systems, financial management or finance; OR A combination of experience and education at an accredited college or university equivalent to a four year degree that included courses equivalent to a major in accounting, i.e. at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and 6 semester hours in related subjects as described above; OR A Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) obtained through written examination in a State, territory or the District of Columbia; OR Are currently serving as an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 and have been in this position for at least one year or was previously an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 and held the position for at least one year.
In addition to the above qualifications, you must possess the following professional accounting knowledges: Principles of Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Advanced Accounting, and Auditing. For more information on the required accounting knowledges please refer to www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0500/internal-revenue-agent-series-0512
In addition to the above, you must meet the requirements described below:
GS-07 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Knowledge of and skill in applying the principle of accounting, auditing, tax, financial, legal or other work that required knowledge of and skill in applying the principles, concepts and methodology of professional accounting and related fields and skill in communicating and dealing effectively with others; OR One year of graduate education at an accredited college or university in accounting or related field of business, finance, law, economics, management, statistical/quantitative methods or computer science. OR Superior Academic Achievement may be met by having a Bachelor's degree, in a related field, with one of the following: A GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last 2 years of study, or a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all courses in the major field of study or those courses in the major completed in the last 2 years of study, or rank in the upper one third of the class in the college, university, or major subdivision, or membership in a national honor society recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies.
GS-09 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Knowledge of and skill in applying the principle of accounting, auditing, tax, financial, legal or other work that required knowledge of and skill in applying the principles, concepts and methodology of professional accounting and related fields and skill in communicating and dealing effectively with others; OR Two years of graduate level education leading to a master's degree or master's (or equivalent) degree in accounting or related field of business, finance, law, economics, management, statistical/quantitative methods or computer science.
For Grades 5 through 9: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
In addition to the above you must have, within the previous 2 years, completed all educational requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying institution; or intended graduation is no more than 9 months from date of application. *Veterans (as defined in 5 U.S.C. 2108) who, due to a military service obligation, were precluded from applying to a Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2 year eligibility period may have their eligibility period extended so that they receive the full 2 years of eligibility. The remaining 2-year eligibility period will begin upon his or her release or discharge from active duty. The veteran's eligibility period may not extend beyond 6 years from the date of completion of all requirements of an academic course of study.
* A Certificate program is post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one full-time academic year of study, that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational or business school curriculum. For study at a business or technical school, 36 weeks of study (20+ classroom hours per week) is comparable to 1 academic year of full-time study. If your academic institution calculates a full-year of academic studies with fewer hours, or academic credits are expressed in contract months, units, or other terms that differ from the conventional hours, please have your academic advisor provide a letter certifying the Certificate program meets the regulatory definition.
Applications can be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education within 9 months from the date of application. Education must be successfully completed to participate in the Program.
-The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
The IRS Internal Recent Graduates Program affords a developmental opportunity to IRS employees, who have graduated within the previous 2 years from a qualifying educational institution or program. If selected, you will be placed in a position as an Internal Revenue Agent, GS-0512 5/7/9, Career Ladder 5/7/9/11/12 in the Tax Exempt/Government Entities division. To successfully complete the Recent Graduates Program, you must complete 1 year in the position, a minimum of at least 40 hours of interactive training, mentorship, and demonstration of successful job performance. If for any reason you do not successfully complete the program you will be returned to the previous grade of the same or similar position you previously held within IRS prior to being selected for the Recent Graduates Program. Placement is neither guaranteed nor implied.
POSITION DESCRIPTIONS: 98789, 98788, 98787
A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
This announcement will establish a roster that allows applicants to be considered for this position up to one year from the closing date of the announcement.
26 Positions are located in TEGE Exempt Organization and Employment Plans.
(1) 2 Metrotech Center 100,Myrtle Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11201 (NY7288); (1) 15 New Sudbury St, Boston, MA 02203 (MA0131); (1) 200 Sheffield St, Mountainside, NJ 07092 (NJ4360); (1) 2970 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (PA0809);(1) 1000 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (PA0233); (1) 230 S. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60604 (IL0236); (1) 30 East Seventh Street, St Paul, MN 55101 (MN1600); (1) 985 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48226 (MI0800); (1) 1100 Commerce Street, Dallas, TX 75242 (TX0284); (1) 401 W Peachtree St, Atlanta, GA 30308 (GA0087); (1) 850 Trafalgar Court, Maitland, FL 32751 (FL2257); (1) 12309 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, TX 78758 (TX2835); (1) 300 E Eighth St, Austin, TX 78701 (TX0227); (1) 31 Hopkins Plaza, Baltimore, MD 21201 (MD0055); (1)10715 David Taylor Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262 (NC2598);(1) 2484 S Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401(UT1431);(1) 9350 Flair Dr., El Monte, CA 91731 (CAD002); (1) 915 Second Avenue, Seattle, WA 98174(WA0101); (1) 24000 Avila Road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677(CA0521); (1) 4330 Watt Ave, Sacramento, CA 95821(CA6139); (1) 8701 S. Gessner, Houston, TX 77074 (TX0297); (1) 550 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 (OH0189); (1) 999 N. Capitol St. NE, Washington, DC 20003 (DC0221); (1) 4041 N. Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012 (AZ7748); (1) 2850 NE Independence Ave, Lee's Summit MO 64064 (MO2008); (1) 7125 Industrial Road, Florence, KY 41042 (KY3016)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All selectees must sign a Participant Agreement.
- An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies
- Pay retention may be offered based on applicable laws and regulations
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty: 8:00a.m.- 4:30p.m.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- College Degree/Academic Program must be completed prior to placement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be ranked in accordance with the Service’s Merit Promotion Plan (i.e., National Agreement or Internal Revenue Manual).
Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing at https://persinfo.web.irs.gov/. Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site. If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of 80 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No