Special Assistant, Office of the Dean - McDonough School of Business
Special Assistant, Office of the Dean - McDonough School of Business (MSB)
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) - located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations - develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment.
The Special Assistant has a critical role in helping the department deliver services that are transparent, approachable, responsive, efficient, and excellent in execution. S/he provides high-level administrative support to the Dean, Vice Dean, and senior staff, managing a portfolio of projects of institutional importance to the school; and in coordination with the Business Operations Manager, supports the effective functioning of the department's business operations and research and reporting functions. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, and co-supervising 4 Graduate Research Assistants, the Special Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages extensive calendars and prioritizes activities.
- Oversees projects that involve extensive cooperation and coordination among multiple departments across the school.
- Prepares written and/or verbal presentations or proposals on highly complex issues and delivers to a broad variety of audiences.
- Identifies and implements innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and/or operational issues that may involve unusual circumstances and incomplete or conflicting data.
- Ensures safe practices and environmental consciousness are exhibited in decisions.
- Works independently on highly complex or strategic assignments.
- A Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an executive support function or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Enthusiasm, energy, and strong problem solving skills, and an ability to work effectively under pressure
- A high level of professionalism and discretion is a must
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment
- An ability to juggle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software, database management, social media, and e-mail
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.