Automotive Service Advisor
Capitol is known within the industry as an aggressive, innovative retailer. We are always interested in expanding our business and marketing approach to stay current with the ever-changing world. We have a strong philosophy that employee satisfaction equates to long-term business success. We have an IMMEDIATE opening for a qualified Service Advisor/Writer.
Job Purpose of Service Advisor/Service Writer:
Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Responsibilities of Service Advisor/Service Writer:
* Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
* Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
* Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
* Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
* Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns and arranging towing if necessary.
* Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
* Maintain above average CSI and exhibit ability to handle high volume.
* Familiarity with ADP system and General Motors experience is a plus.
Skills/Qualifications of Service Advisor/Service Writer:
Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Quality Focus, Productivity, Estimating, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Safety Management, Computer Skills
Successful background check and pre-employment drug screening required. Benefits include vacation/sick days, health, dental and 401k.
Apply for Automotive Service Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly