7 days left
- Full Time
The Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund, a large Taft Hartley fund with offices located in Fairfax, VA is looking for an experienced Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager. This individual will be responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounting records including general ledger entries and maintenance. He/she will prepare financial statements, prepare supporting financial schedules, reconcile bank and investment accounts, perform research on transactions, handle complex calculations and prepare ad hoc reports, and is responsible for all federal and multi-state tax filings. Strong communication, presentation, and relationship building skills are critical.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain and properly account for inter-company transactions
- Monitor cash flow and prepare and update cash flow projections
- Work with other departments to satisfy reporting requirements
- Act as liaison with external auditors, and keep files and records organized for annual independent audit
- Manage banking relationships, including daily positive pay activity
- Handle required tax filings
- Perform Investment portfolio reconciliations
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis as required by fund administrators or the CFO
All candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years prior experience in an accounting department
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Proficiency with accounting software - Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains is a plus, as well as a CPA or Master’s degree and knowledge of employee benefit plans and ERISA.
We offer competitive salary and outstanding fully employer paid benefits including health insurance, dental, prescription drug, vision, defined benefit pension and 401(k), plus other valuable benefits.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com
Apply for Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly