Regional Admissions Recruiter
6 days left
- Full Time
Regional Admissions Recruiter
- This regional admissions position will be located and operate off campus within a primary out of state market of Maryland, DC, and DE. He or she will interact with high school guidance counselors, parents and students to further the goal of recruiting and enrolling new out of state students.
- Responsible for recruiting prospective undergraduate students with an emphasis on targeted locations within the assigned mid-Atlantic region and other select territories.
- Work closely with director/associate director to develop and execute a comprehensive territory recruitment plan to support the enrollment goals of the Office of Admissions, as well as the University’s Strategic Plan. This plan will include extensive regional travel, conversion and yield plans to meet targets, and regionally based events to engage students and other stakeholders at all points of the admissions funnel.
- Manage a recruitment territory in an assigned mid-Atlantic region. Travel regionally to high schools, college fairs, and other recruitment events, as well as work evenings and weekends as needed to review applications, and counsel prospective applicants and families on the admissions process, academic programs and opportunities available at UMW.
- Track and analyze recruitment activities and results; prepare analytical reports to be used in management decision-making.
- Create and supervise a program of alumni recruiters in the recruitment and admission process.
- Collaborate, communicate, and develop relationships with various community leaders to create opportunities to partner with UMW, and engage in community service as appropriate.
Required KSAs / Competencies / Qualifications to successfully perform their work
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently with prior success in a goal oriented environment.
- Be a proactive customer service-oriented person.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills with proven ability to present detailed information about UMW in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects, time and resources with proven ability to cultivate relationships with secondary schools and community leaders.
- Competent with technology and its application with strong administrative and operation skills.
- Able to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary.
Preferred KSA's / Competencies / Qualifications to successfully perform the work
- Knowledge and understanding of the University of Mary Washington undergraduate experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree.
The University of Mary Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.