The Federal Judicial Center - Education Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel for periods of up to a week at a time is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at https://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- A J.D. degree; and
- At least three years of experience in the design, delivery, and evaluation of educational and informational online resources.
- Familiarity with the structure and operation of the federal courts;
- Experience working in the legal field;
- Experience with project management;
- Excellent expository writing and verbal skills;
- Portfolio of e-learning storyboards (including scripts, visuals, and interactions);
- Experience producing e-learning materials or videos that include scenarios and branching;
- Experience with animated productions;
- Demonstrated ability to work with others on collaborative projects; and
- A working knowledge of Adobe Captivate and/or other e-learning tools.
The FJC uses a payband compensation system. The starting salary is set at $121,262. This position falls in the Center's payband VI which has a salary range up to $191,360 although not all incumbents in payband VI positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For the successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $127,325, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. For the successful internal candidate whose current salary is below the payband base of $121,262, that person's salary will be brought up to the base. If the successful internal candidate's current salary is above the base, his/her salary will be matched up to up to his/her current salary.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a health fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No