Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualifications requirements before the announcement closes.
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You may be required to submit a financial disclosure statement.
- You must be suitable for federal employment.
- You may be required to complete a one year probationary period.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable. (www.sss.gov).
Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band, equivalent to the PE-I, PT-I, AC-III or GS-11 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is defined as demonstrated experience in conducting studies and in analyzing program, survey and/or technical information to improve operation and administrative processes, identifying trends and making recommendations, and presenting findings through written reports and/or presentations
There is no education requirement for this position.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Knowledge of policies, and procedures to analyze data and made data-driven recommendations on administrative programs.
- Ability to employ quantitative and qualitative techniques to analyze and measure the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of administrative and technical programs.
- Ability to manage projects to ensure timely completion of assignments with available resources. Ability to plan and execute analytical assignments, and develop and implement new analytic methods, approaches and procedures to improve operations within an organization.
- Ability to identify a problem, obtain and understand the data, analyze the data; create visualization of the data to display insights graphically; and present high-level insights and the resulting actions to key stakeholders.
- Ability to communication information effectively orally and in writing by preparing materials and presenting briefings that are appropriate to the audience and conveys the message in a logical and persuasive manner.
- Professional and technical knowledge of analysis, management and maintenance of large organizational and/or operational databases and related quantitative and qualitative information.
Veterans Preference applies to this announcement. For more information regarding veterans’ preference please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/index.aspx
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No