IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Attention to Detail- experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards. My work or the data that I produce is typically reviewed by my supervisor or another colleague.
Customer Service- experience having brief contact with customers to provide information about available information technology products and services and providing customers with standard products or routine services to address information technology needs.
Oral Communication- experience informing my supervisor and other IT staff of the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of basic technical information to a non-technical audience.
Problem Solving- identifying or selecting from a number of alternatives to address routine information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from standard sources that provide a limited number of solutions.
GS-12 and GS-13
Attention to Detail- experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards.
Customer Service- experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs.
Oral Communication- briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience.
Problem Solving- identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions.
GS-11: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-09 if outside the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience applying Information Assurance/security policy, techniques, and technologies required to develop and enhance an Information Assurance program.
GS-11 SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
GS-12: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 if outside the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience performing policy development and interpretation, resolve critical technical IT issues and apply new technological developments in the area of information systems security and related IT disciplines.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
GS-13: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 if outside the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience analyzing IT vulnerabilities to exploit and develop new standards and methodologies to identify and report their presence and to adapt methods to evolving technology vulnerabilities to meet security requirements.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Moving costs MAY be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required
- This is a position with a designated specialization of Information Assurance. As a condition of employment, the individual must possess or be able to obtain an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level (II) certification, within 6 months of employment. Employee is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD 8570.1-M (Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program).
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Information Assurance
- Network Management
- Risk Management
- Technical Competence