Administrative Officer GS-341-12/13, KD-DE
Occasional travel - An average 1-2 nights of overnight travel per month may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Are There Any Special Requirements For This Position?
- A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
- This position requires completion of a medical examination at Federal expense.
Applicants must meet the following to qualify for the GS-12 level: One year of specialized experience in or directly related to this position that equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position. To be creditable, the required specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service. Examples of GS-11 level work: 1) Formulating and executing annual operating budgets; 2) analyzing budget/fiscal reports; 3) communicating with a variety of personnel at all levels in administrative management and support; 4) working with staff in interpreting human resources policies and directives; 5) reviewing and approving procurement activities; and 6) communicating and providing guidance to staff on issues.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equal to the next lower grade level. Examples of this experience may include, but is not limited to: Working with other management officials to develop program goals, policies, and management operations; Working independently to find solutions to problems in diverse fields; Searching for, compiling and analyzing historical statistical and narrative data relating to budget and human resources staffing to determine the impact of higher level decisions and possible organizational impact; Supervising preparation of cooperative agreements with Federal, State and local agencies; Supervising preparation of internal documentation to insure accountability and distribution of funds to appropriate project accounts; Conducting onsite reviews of organizational administrative management programs to evaluate compliance with laws, regulations, and policy, adequacy of supporting documentation for proposed administrative actions and effectiveness of programs in support of organization mission requirements; Preparing cost-benefit analysis with recommendations regarding a variety of administrative functions including finance, human resources, material resources, maintenance, etc
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the position by the closing date of the announcement.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the above requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: http://www.usgs.gov/ohr/oars/quals/foreign.html.
- Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for and performance of higher-level duties.
- Under Executive Order 11935, only United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island) may compete for civil service jobs. Agencies are permitted to hire non-citizens only in very limited circumstances where there are no qualified citizens available for the position.
- The application contains information subject to the Privacy Act (P.L. 93-579, 5 USC 552a). The information is used to determine qualifications for employment, and is authorized under Title 5, USC, Section 3302 and 3361.
- DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
--Vacancy Related Questions: As part of the online application process, you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge skills, abilities and/or competencies: Financial Management Procedures; - Financial Management; Regs/procedural guidance; Technology Application; Program/Project Management; Customer Service; Management Advisory; Leadership & Supervision; Travel; Continuity of Operations Program.
--Basis of rating: Category rating will be used in the ranking and selection process for this position. The quality categories are Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position. If you are eligible, your on-line responses to the application questions will determine your placement in the appropriate quality category described above. Your responses must be substantiated by your resume. If you do not respond to the application questions you may be rated ineligible. Veterans' preference rules for category rating will be applied.
--NOTE: If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application, or that your resume or application is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No