Student Trainee (Office Automation Clerk)
5 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: : Applicants must have at least 1 year of general experience. Examples of general experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
EDUCATION: Completion of 2 academic years of post-high school study or an Associate's Degree. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience as described above may be used to qualify for this position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of word processing automation software functions to support office operations and produce a variety of textual documents, such as letters, reports, memos, and form letters.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
3. Knowledge of rules, procedures, or operations applied to clerical assignment to perform the routine, procedural work of the office, such as preparing and editing documents, maintaining files/records, making and preparing travel arrangements, screening telephone calls and visitors, processing mail, planning, organizing, and carrying out assignments, and composing routine, nontechnical information for recurring reports and inquiries.
4. Knowledge of filing systems and procedures and the subject matter content of the materials being processed.
5. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact and courtesy.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts or Official Letter of Enrollment to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
May work part-time or full-time schedules
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.