Information Technology Specialist 3
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Senior Applications Analyst
The George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), Process and Planning team- located on the Fairfax, Va. Campus - is seeking a Senior Applications Analyst to lead configuration and maintenance activities for a new Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tool. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The successful applicant will have an analytical background with a strong process orientation, demonstrated leadership ability, and experience maintaining at least one enterprise software application.
The Analyst will work collaboratively with ITS coworkers, customers, and vendors to define and/or validate ITSM processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and design templates and workflows to implement in the ITSM tool. The incumbent will lead a small team of analysts tasked with implementing and maintaining the cloud-based ITSM application with high degrees of functionality and availability.
- Solid understanding of Information Technology Service Management concepts and principles;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- High level of organizational ability and attention to detail;
- High level of interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and create buy-in for changes;
- Ability to analyze business processes and recommend creative solutions for improvement;
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-functional role in a technology unit;
- Demonstrated work experience analyzing, developing, and/or automating business processes managing information technology projects and / or programs. Preferred Qualifications:
- ITIL Foundations certification; if not currently certified, must be willing and able to obtain certification within six months of date of hire;
- Three or more years experience working in a cross-functional role in a technology unit;
- Three or more years work experience analyzing, developing, and/or automating business processes managing information technology projects and / or programs;
- Work experience in an information technology department that utilizes the ITIL framework;
- At least one year of working experience as a supervisor or technical team lead;
- Training or course work with focus on business analysis or process improvement;
- Intermediate ITIL certifications (Service Strategy, Service Design, other.);
- PMI Project Management Professional or better certification;
- Experience working at an institution of higher education.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02548z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-03-07