New Business Development Director
A small, women-owned, full service communications business has partnered with Sparks group and is looking for new talent! They are looking for a New Business Development Director who will be responsible for driving new business, managing project events and leading a team. If you are looking for a dynamic role with a growing company, this is for you!
· Manages members of New Business Development Team
· Creates promotional materials for all proposals
· Identifies opportunities for new business.
· Responds to proposals, writes content and develops creative with other team members as necessary
· Participates in team presentations/practices
· Interviews and helps assign staff to manage new business (with consultation of Executive Team)
· Supports team in attending networking opportunities
· Works with others for outreach and project events
· Subscribes to services and agency list services to identify new opportunities
· Organizes and collects equipment, materials, signage, etc. for public meetings
· Staffs public meetings as is necessary, regardless of previously assigned project management
· Attends weekly staff meetings (in person or via Zoom)
· Participates in and support all projects as staffing is needed
· Performs basic writing to include emails (internal and external), collateral materials, PowerPoints, project electronic newsletters, project reports
· College degree or 10 years of commensurate experience required
· Requires active listening skills
· Requires excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience winning business in transportation sector in DC, MD, and VA.
· Knowledge of our business â€“ transportation (DOT) specific marketing, public involvement, public outreach, or communications
· Knowledge of the big engineering firms
· Great writer
· Great public speaker
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.