ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN I (BILINGUAL ENGLISH/SPANISH)
Please note: This recruitment will be filled by a bilingual candidate.
Arlington County's Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney is seeking an Administrative Technician to provide administrative support in day-to-day operations to paralegals and attorneys. The Commonwealth's Attorney's Office provides services to an ethnically diverse population, some of whom may have limited English speaking skills.
Specific duties include:
- Providing reception support by answering incoming calls and greeting and assisting walk-in visitors in English and Spanish;
- Providing paralegal administrative support to include entering new summonses and warrants into case management system, preparing witness subpoenas for delivery to the sheriff's department;
- Assisting attorneys by logging and distributing incoming pleadings, motions, and orders; and
- Reviewing documents submitted by citizens with traffic summonses or parking tickets to determine compliance and preparing legal documents (praecipes) for attorneys' signature.
Language proficiency: English/Spanish
Minimum: High school diploma or the equivalent plus two years of experience performing a full range of administrative support functions.
Satisfactory completion of a certificate program from a recognized administrative training school or program may be substituted for up to one year of experience on a case-by-case basis. Successful completion of college coursework from an accredited college or university can be substituted for the experience requirement on the following basis: 2 years = six months of experience. Education may not substitute for more than 18 months of experience.
Desirables: Preference will be given to candidates with working experience with one or more of the following:
- Working in a criminal justice setting;
- Docket management;
- PBK (Prosecutor by Karpel) case management system; and/or
- Using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
An assessment of oral Spanish will be required before a candidate can be appointed to this position. The incumbent of this position will receive language pay on all hours worked and on paid leave hours.
Work hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached, however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will be not be accepted.
A pre-hire background check will be made on all candidates who are selected for employment. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.