Regional Customer Operations Principal
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will serve as an advocate for Intelsat customers, providing a conduit into and out of Intelsat to ensure customer expectations/requirements are known and met, and acts as an escalation point for issues that live in other departments such as: Sales, CSE, Legal, Network Engineering, and Network Operations. Works with Network Engineering and Network Operations to support customer meetings, handbooks, metrics, maintenance coordination/planning, reporting and ticket follow-up to ensure Intelsat maintains customer service level based on our standard concept of operations and our customers' contract. Ensures Intelsat maintains customer service level based on our standard concept of operations and our customers' contract. Works with Network Engineering and Network Operations to establish a best effort disaster recovery plan. Utilizes customer information to identify trends to develop recommendations for actionable business strategies to drive customer retention. Must be available 24x7x365 to support their customer(s) when/if service affecting anomalies occur. Finally, you'll need the professional maturity and savvy to manage and prioritize your time, work autonomously as a remote operations employee, and interact effectively with business and technical professionals internally and externally. This role requires up to 20-30% travel as required to meet with customers.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Support Sales, Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE), Network Engineering, and Network Operations teams to enhance internal business policies and procedures to improve customer relations, satisfaction, and retention.
- Improve business processes to support Sales & CSE, Network Engineering, and Network Operations teams and our customers, directly or indirectly, through several initiatives (e.g., Service Level Agreement (SLA) measurement, retention, and role & responsibility definition).
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of global service escalation process and the development and implementation of customer communications.
- Support customer documentation generation and adherence, to ensure Intelsat maintains customer service level: escalation procedure, Concept of Operations (ConOPS), Customer Handbooks, handover documentation, Customer Roadmap, Disaster Recovery Plans, and establish and publish reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Support account team (Sales & CSE): communicate outages, upgrades, etc. to customer, act as a point of escalation for issues.
- Technical proficiency in one or more of product types e.g., Managed Services, Media, Broadband, and Mobility.
- Utilize customer information to identify trends to develop recommendations for actionable business strategies to drive customer retention
- Advise and support on all aspects of customer assurance. Maintain an overview of service activity across the company and work to gain and maintain wider knowledge of service issues including historical customer experience.
- Expert knowledge of customer support and maintenance agreements to help realize customer experience opportunities.
- Programmatic skills utilized to ensure multiple work streams stay on track and deliverables are achieved.
- On-call Support - during major projects, service impacting events, or critical meetings.
You should definitely have:
- 4-year college degree with 5-7 years of experience in a customer assurance role.
- Experience interfacing with customer's management in a customer assurance role to solve issues, grow their business, and anticipate customer needs.
- Experience working in a bilingual environment with written/verbal skills in Portuguese as the primary language and English as the second language.
- Project Management foundational skills or equivalent experience
- Strong soft skills when interfacing with customers.
- Presentation skills at senior management and executive level.
- Business decision making and negotiation skills.
- The ability to draft clear and concise reports and other professional documentation leveraging database querying/reporting.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, establish a rapport and build strong interpersonal relationships with different work groups within Intelsat.
- Strong record of ability to improve customer satisfaction.
- Multitask addressing either multiple issues with one customer or multiple issues amongst multiple customers.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to Intelsat locations and/or customer locations to maintain relationship with internal/external customers' upper management.
- Operations center experience in data, RF, or video and understanding of satellite and fiber-based video and data networks.
- Experience of negotiating service level agreements and performance agreements.
- Knowledge and experience of successfully managing change, including interface with Customers
- Demonstrated business acumen; acutely aware of organizational sensitivities. Proven experience of negotiating with staff, customers, suppliers and senior management level.
- Can interpret service assurance concerns and identify issues in a form that relates to business and commercial considerations and can be dealt with by leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of each Business unit's portfolio and alignment with overall strategy.
It would be nice if you had:
- PMP preferred
- Experience and ability to perform statistical analysis/database mining tools preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while adapting and adjusting to effectively handle changes in priorities and assignments
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.