Business Development Assistant
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Washington, DC (metro-accessible)
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
***Must be flexible to work overtime as needed
Leading DC law firm seeks an organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented entry-level Business Development Assistant (BDA) with a commitment to excellence in the workplace to join their Marketing Team.
The BDA will provide support for business development and marketing initiatives, including assembling and formatting materials for pitches and proposals, conducting industry research, assisting with logistics for internal and external events, and maintaining the Firm’s CRM and other relevant databases. The BDA will also provide support for the implementation of business development, marketing, and communication plans, and work closely with the Marketing Team to ensure the proper coordination and execution of related marketing activities as directed.
This position reports to the Senior Business Development Manager.
- Assisting with requested research for client prospects, market-facing opportunities, and industry business intelligence using various online research tools and writing summaries as directed
- Assisting with logistics and planning for various internal and external business development and marketing events, collaborating with the internal Conference Services Team
- Assisting with documenting and tracking activity for pitches and proposals, including maintaining the Department’s library of materials
- Assisting with updating and formatting branded marketing materials using Firm templates, including, but not limited to invitations, marketing campaign materials, and client alerts
- Updating and formatting website content, including, but not limited to attorney biographies, practice group descriptions, bar memberships, events, and speeches
- Assisting with the production, editing, and distribution of client alerts and other client communications using the Firm’s e-mail distribution tool
- Maintaining accurate internal records and client contact information using the Firm’s client relationship software
- Inputting data and developing reports for representative matters and practice descriptions
- Performing general administrative duties necessary to support marketing and business development activities as assigned
- Working on special business development projects and research tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required (in marketing or business preferred)
- Prior office experience preferred; law firm or professional services industry experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in written and oral form
- Ability to work effectively with Firm attorneys and professional staff
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate deadlines, and track task progress
- Ability to organize workflow and use time efficiently
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Must maintain the confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Collaborative work approach with a willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
- Flexibility to work overtime on an “as needed” basis
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
- Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- This position is primarily a sedentary position however, some duties and responsibilities require the applicant to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach out arms and hands, client or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
- Ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
This is an exciting opportunity for those with an interest in marketing and business development!
Great metro-accessible location, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
Please submit your resume in Word format and a brief writing sample of your choosing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!