Director Acquisition Reporting Assessments
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes interpreting the annual National Defense Authorization Act verbiage in order to convert into policy; serving on an acquisition configuration steering board or review council; assessing and managing the cost, schedule, and technical performance progress of assigned projects or programs through the required phases of the acquisition cycle; developing and implementing program controls; planning, coordinating and recording activities related to senior leader milestone decision forums, configuration steering boards and program reviews; and preparing briefings, studies, and other analyses for presentation to senior officials and stakeholders. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-03 or GS-13 or above).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Planning and Evaluating
- Strategic Thinking
This is a DoD Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) position in the Business Management and Technical Management Professional career path (NH), broadband level IV with a salary range of $114,590 to $164,200.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Army Acquisition Corp (AAC) membership is required prior to appointment to a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP). Information on AAC membership may be found at http://asc.army.mil/. Individuals with questions may contact an Acquisition Career Manager (ACM) for assistance.
- Selectees must sign an AAC written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal service in this position for at least three (3) years.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration position.
- All candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements will be considered. Subject to proof of AAC membership, AAC members from other services will be accepted by Army without additional review. Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (AL&T) Workforce applicants must have an Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) on file in the Career Acquisition Personnel and Position Management Information System (CAPPMIS).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes