Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-15 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve Employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.)
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- For a detailee assignment:
Five years' experience serving as an IG Investigator, and/or eight years relevant professional experience required. Mandatory and Educational Requirements
- Expert knowledge of and experience in the ODNI, Intelligence Community, and OIG mission and responsibilities.
- Superior ability to lead an investigative team, develop investigation plans, conduct highly complex investigation projects, and write reports to substantiate findings.
- Superior ability to exercise sound judgment and form objective conclusions/recommendations based on empirical facts, evidence, and other pertinent information.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think strategically, identify needs and requirements, and develop recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Superior ability to examine information, identify problems, uncover root causes, develop findings and leads, and make cogent, actionable recommendations.
- Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills, including ability to interview, negotiate, brief senior officials, and work effectively, independently, and in a team or collaborative environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and superior ability to produce clear and logical reports.
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- For a selected non-Federal Government candidate, salary will be established within the salary range listed above, based on education and experience.
- A current Federal Government employee, selected for a detail, will be assigned to the position at his or her current grade and salary.
The ODNI offers a broad array of benefits programs and family friendly flexibilities for ODNI cadre.
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
- Life Insurance: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
- Long-Term Care Insurance: http://www.ltcfeds.com
- Federal Employees Retirement SYSTEM (FERS) (new employees automatically covered): http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp if you are transferring from another agency and covered by the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS), you may continue in that system.
- Annual and Sick Leave: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care: http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Alternative Work Schedules
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI_COO_TM_EEOD_RA_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by telephone at 301-243-0704 or by FAX at 301-243-1200. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION ABOVE. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the vacancy announcement, particularly the MDRs, and construct their resume to highlight their most significant experience and qualifications relevant to this job opportunity.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes