50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This position is being filled using 5 U.S. Code subsection 3161 authority. This excepted service position is temporary and available for 24-months. This temporary position may be terminated early or extended beyond the 24-month period based upon incumbent performance and the needs of the OIG.
Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Position has been designated as Top Secret/Critical Sensitive Information. The incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security
The incumbent is required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and is subject to random drug
testing for the duration of service with Department of Defense (DoD) OIG. Organizational entities with the DoD are not required to
conduct drug testing for DoD civilian employees moving by transfer or reassignment from one DoD Testing Designated Position
(TDP) to another TDP with no break in service within the DoD, unless deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis by the gaining
Relocation allowances will not be authorized.
- For the GS-13 level: You must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-12 level in the federal service or an equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as having responsibility for a significant function within an intelligence enterprise, special access programs, or related security operation; and conducting evaluations to make recommendations for improvement of an intelligence enterprise, special access program, or related security operation.
- Salary Range: $96,970 - 126,062
- For the GS-14 level: You must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-13 level in the federal service or an equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as planning and conducting complex evaluations and applying innovative approaches, advanced techniques, and experience to a variety of complex technical and systematic problems related to the Department of Defense (DoD)-wide intelligence enterprise, special access programs, or related security programs; and analyzing efficiency and effectiveness of current or projected programs.
- Salary Range: $114,590 - 148,967.
- Experience in performing research to develop substantive fact sheets for inclusion in long-range and annual component planning.
- Experience in performing research to develop substantive fact sheets for inclusion in long-range and annual component planning. Ensure that the most relevant and impactful projects are prioritized for the DIG and IG.
- Ensure that project execution considers all aspects of the program or issue under review, including the legal basis, administrative procedures, OSD and Service policies, management guidance and control, and organization and operation effectiveness.
- Experience in project planning accomplishments with objectives, including procedures, site itineraries, travel, budgets and other instructions and guidance for each project.
No education requirement for this position.
Working for OIG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health
benefits and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be further evaluated on the level and quality of their experience and possession of the following relevant competencies in order to determine the level of your qualifications. These competencies include:
- Ability to evaluate in a dynamic and changing environment to provide oversight of intelligence programs.
- Skill in internal and external representation and collaboration in developing and managing evaluations of intelligence programs and operations.
- Knowledge of quality standards for inspections, evaluations, and investigations.
- Ability to work on teams performing valuations/inspections/investigations of programs.
- Skill in written and oral communication and in managing the production of deliverables to both DoD stakeholders and Congress.