Student Cooperative for Communications Team (PAID)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet ALL of the minimum requirements.
- Students must be currently enrolled full or half-time in an accredited college or university program, classified or academically ranked by semester hours as a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student. (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPT STATING CURRENT ENROLLMENT STATUS, GPA AND IN GOOD STANDING).
- Must be in academic good standing as defined by the college or university, earning at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- Must be currently enrolled in Communications, Data Visualization, English, Employee Engagement, or Journalism undergraduate or graduate degree program, not graduating prior to May 2020.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week and report to work in the Rosslyn, VA USPS OIG office weekdays (Monday-Friday) during core business hours.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Good editing skills
- Ability to write in plain language for both formal and social media audiences
- Good verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and follow through on assignments
Include your major accomplishments relevant to the evaluation factors in your resume.
- Skill in written and oral communications and ability to apply those skills in coordination and problem solving efforts.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and basic office software programs, including Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to work on a wide range of assignments/projects with many different people.
You will no longer be considered for this position if you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
Student Cooperatives are not eligible for USPS OIG Employee Benefits.
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you: receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible.Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required Yes