Web Writer and Editor
Web Writer and Editor
Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College seeks a Web Writer and Editor. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Copy and Digital Content, the Web Writer and Editor works with stakeholders throughout the university to develop engaging, accurate and compelling content across multiple channels to drive enrollment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Write and edit content that follows best practices for each type of deliverable such as the university website, organic and paid online advertising, landing pages, e-mail marketing, print advertising, collateral, and social media accounts.
- Ensure content aligns with brand messaging, research, and insights; is complete and accurate; and is consistent in style and tone and ensure that online content also follows content management and information architecture best practices.
- Build relationships with project stakeholders and collaborate with them to build consensus around the editorial direction of projects and improve project outcomes and processes.
- Identify content gaps and actively seek out missing information.
- Work with web developers and producers to deliver technical solutions to content presentation challenges.
- Perform quality assurance checks on his/her own work and the work of colleagues.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with project managers about timelines, obstacles to project completion, and project progress.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of Web writing/editing and/or content development experience.
- Proven editorial skills and mastery of the English language.
- The desire to continue learning and adapting in a constantly changing digital communications environment.
- The ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Excellent presentation, communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- The ability to execute and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- The ability to remain positive amid constructive criticism and feedback.
- A working knowledge of HTML.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.