Associate Director, Federal Program Operations
Associate Director, Federal Program Operations
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Associate Director, Federal Program Operations in the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Federal Program Operations, the Associate Director, Federal Program Operations will be responsible for assisting with the overall administration and management of the staff that administers all federal Title IV programs and private loan programs and performs Return of Title IV Funds calculations. Oversight includes managing student contact, ensuring delivery of federal financial aid to a diverse student population, preparation of reports and records to ensure fiscal accountability, and providing staff technical guidance on current federal and state regulations and institutional policies and practices. The Associate Director will also participate in collaborative efforts to evaluate and organize office workflow, develop and monitor interdepartmental processes and update office policies and procedures. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Directly supervise staff that administers all federal Title IV programs and private loan programs and performs Return of Title IV Fund (R2T4) calculations. Oversee, manage and coordinate framework for training and development of staff
- Manage all federal program and Return of Title IV Funds workflows and monitor unit quality assurance findings. Oversee completion of monthly reconciliation for all federal grant and loan programs. Maintain current knowledge of federal Title IV regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid and interpret and apply all related updates to federal and state regulations and University policies and ensure compliance with all regulations as they apply to all federal programs
- Oversee monitoring of all automated systems that are part of the Federal Program Operations processes, oversee functional testing for new and existing queries and software, and work closely with Financial Aid Systems team to design, develop and maintain continuous improvements/automation for Federal Program Operations processes
- Provide input on strategic training to internal and external staff members on federal programs and R2T4 calculation, and coordinate with Student Accounts and the Office of Enrollment Management to identify and develop ongoing improvements to serve students affected by Return of Title IV Fund regulations
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice President of Federal Program Operations to compile and submit mandatory external and internal reporting (federal and institutional programs), including the annual FISAP. Additionally, counsel and advise students and parents on financial aid processes/eligibility
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors' Degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressive managerial experience in financial aid higher education administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience administering/managing Title IV financial aid programs.
- Experience working with both traditional and non-traditional student populations.
- Thorough knowledge of Title IV regulations and programs.
- Strong working knowledge of student information systems and data processing techniques for automated systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including but not limited to; Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to document work clearly, make independent decisions, multi-task and prioritize concurrent deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with a strong commitment to customer service.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Financial aid R2T4 for modules experience.
- Functional PeopleSoft experience.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.