Information Technology Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $45,000-$50,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Junior Database Developer
The George Mason University Office of Admissions is seeking self-motivated, results-oriented individual to fill the position of Junior Database Developer. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with senior developers to implement and maintain a range of reporting solutions using a variety of tools and techniques;
- Maintain and document existing reporting solutions;
- Help test all changes to the Admissions data mart;
- Maintain Oracle database connections and procedures for reporting, integration, or mass updates of database across multiple systems;
- Prepare ad-hoc procedures for data updates or clean up;
- Provide user support for all data extracts and reports for Office of Admissions staff;
- Work in collaboration with other team members across the university and the Admissions Office to ensure excellent customer service; and
- Assist with other Office of Admissions projects, duties, and events as assigned.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with Oracle or similar relational databases;
- Experience implementing reports and database procedures;
- Experience with data marts and similar data structures;
- Demonstrated progressive experience using Oracle databases, SQL and PL/SQL, to provide reporting solutions and data extracts;
- Ability to identify and understand user needs;
- Strong organization and communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Superb time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work positively as a team member; and
- Available for occasional evening and weekend work.
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner system.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01227z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :