Government Relations Manager (Health Care)
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS MANAGER (HEALTHCARE)
The Government Relations Manager will work within and report to the Firm’s Legislative Practice Group, meaningfully contributing to the Practice’s advocacy and policy efforts in a variety of subject matter areas, including Medicare, Medicaid, and health care reform from both the provider and consumer perspectives.
- Monitoring, tracking, researching, analyzing, and communicating (verbally and in writing) health care policy developments in the legislative and regulatory areas that are important to Firm clients and Legislative Practice Group members
- Coordinating multiple Firm and client coalitions of health care provider and consumer organizations
- Attending meetings, participating in conference calls, and representing client interests in a variety of settings as needed
- Participating in legislative and health care group meetings and events
- Assisting in drafting and publishing a weekly health care newsletter
- Assisting in recruiting and supervising legislative interns
- Developing grassroots and grass-tops advocacy communications
- Tracking and billing time to clients as well as non-client-related work
- Other related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field with strong academic credentials; an advanced degree is strongly preferred
- Hill experience and/or direct experience lobbying Congress and executive agencies is required; knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process and Congressional organization and procedures is required
- Strong communication skills; comfortable with public speaking
- Experience writing health care policy analyses is strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team, and think critically
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
This is an exempt position.
Firm offers a generous benefits package.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume in Word format to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!