Competent Authority Analyst
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-14 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience in methods and techniques pertaining to the interpretation and application of tax treaties to analyze and provide assistance to taxpayers requesting relief from double taxation or from taxation that is not in accordance with tax treaties, and to advise internal and external stakeholders on treaty-related issues; experience analyzing and interpreting U.S. tax treaties, the U.S. Model Income Tax Convention and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Model Double Taxation Convention; experience in applying Revenue Procedure 2015-40 (Requesting Competent Authority Assistance Under Tax Treaties); and experience in applying the Internal Revenue Code and its regulations to international issues for purposes of tax planning or examinations of multinational entities or high-wealth individuals, particularly with respect to U.S. foreign tax credits, interest allocation rules, and subpart F transactions and arrangements.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Eight (8) positions to filled in Large Business and International Division, Treaty and Transfer Operations, Treaty Assistance and Interpretation Team in any of the following locations:
2 positions in 31 Hopkins Plaza, Baltimore, MD (MD0055)
2 positions in 9350 Flair Dr, El Monte, CA (CAD002)
2 positions in 24000 Avila Road, Laguna Niguel, CA (CA0521)
2 positions in 6450 Rockside Woods Blvd S, Suite 300, Independence, OH (OH2320)
2 positions in 7850 S. W. 6th Court, Plantation, FL (FL2347)
2 positions in 915 Second Avenue, Seattle, WA (WA0101)
2 positions in 761 Main Avenue, Suite 1000, Norwalk, CT (CT3438)
6 positions in 999 N Capitol St Ne, Washington, DC (DC0221)
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Decision Making, Influencing Negotiating, Workload Management, Teamwork, Tax Law, Tax Treaties, Principles of Accounting and Written Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of 80 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No