Fiscal Compliance Analyst II or III
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Major Duties, continued
9. Prepares written reports and related correspondence to memorialize findings of reviews and assessments.
10. Participates in on-site investigations of complaints and inquiries received from the public, LSC's Office of Inspector General (OIG) and other sources regarding recipients of LSC funding.
11. Reviews and follows-up on findings referred by the OIG regarding program compliance with the LSC Act, Appropriations Act and regulations, including interpretation of regulations consistent with LSC's Office of Legal Affairs (OLA) opinions. Oversees the development of, and compliance with, corrective action plans by grantees, as appropriate.
12. Evaluates program performance by reviewing proposals for funding and related documents and makes recommendations regarding funding terms and special grant conditions.
13. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to LSC specifically, and on nonprofit corporations, generally; as appropriate, recommends revisions to the Accounting Guide for LSC Recipients.
14. Conducts research and helps OLA staff develop policy relating to the fiscal responsibilities imposed on LSC grantees by LSC regulations and industry best practices adopted by LSC.
15. Works with OLA regarding review and revision of current regulations and development of new regulations, as appropriate.
16. Works directly with the Director and/or his or her designee on various special projects, and performs other related duties as assigned.
Able to conduct solid analysis and make well-informed, objective, and evidence-based decisions; able to lead teams and work with diverse populations; excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to produce professional, well-written work product that requires minimal editing; excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively reach different audiences and manage conflicts; unimpeachable integrity and adherence to the highest standards of ethics; high degree of flexibility, capacity for self-management, and attention to detail; understanding of and commitment to organizational mission and goals; thoughtful and thorough problem solver; strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities; self-motivated with ability to influence, motivate, challenge, and inspire confidence among others.
A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field, and at least five (5) years of progressive fiscal experience, or at least eight (8) years of progressive fiscal experience for a Fiscal Compliance Analyst III position.
Experience reviewing and analyzing audited financial statements and auditor's reports, and reviewing and evaluating accounting policies and procedures and internal controls. Strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and of the principles, practices, and concepts involved with planning, conducting, and reporting on fiscal reviews and assessments.
Capacity to interpret and understand regulations, including the LSC Act, that impact the fiscal responsibilities of an LSC grantee and the ability to articulate and share with grantees the changes in practice necessary to comply with regulations. Knowledge of federal policies and practices governing expenditures and the disposition of property and fund balances.
A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field, and at least five (5) years of progressive fiscal experience, or at least eight (8) years of progressive fiscal experience for a Fiscal Compliance Analyst III position.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please read the "Next Steps" section.Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No