IT SPECIALIST (APPLICATION SOFTWARE)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Remains flexible and responds in a timely fashion to changing requirements, priorities, and short deadlines.
2. Independently seeks solutions and responds quickly and accurately to queries and problems while exercising sound judgment.
3. Develops alternative approaches and innovative solutions for moderately complex situations
5. Has experience with SharePoint 2013+ development, administration, and usage.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Experience with .NET windows development utilizing languages and technologies such as C#.NET Win Forms, C# Universal Apps, and Xaml.
2. Experience configuring and developing C# Apps in SharePoint for SharePoint 2013+ that utilize PKI certificates for user authentication.
3. Has a certification that meets the DoD 8570 requirements for IAT Level II.
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
Requirements may be met either through Education and/or Experience and/or a combination of both.
All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. The coursework must be either undergraduate or graduate and must include a minimum of 24 semester hours in one, or a combination of the following: computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
GG-07 : One (1) full year of graduate level education; or Bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement
GG-09: Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree; OR two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree
GG-11 and above: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree; OR three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
• Must be IT-related (paid or unpaid);
• May have involved the completion of specific and intensive training (for example, IT certification);
• Should have equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and should have been gained in the same or related field as the work of the position being filled;
• Should have been gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern was IT;
• Should consist of at least one year at a level equivalent to the next lower GG level;
• Must have demonstrated each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to detail: thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
2. Customer Service: works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations, knows about available products and services and is committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication: effectively expresses information, takes into account the audience and nature of the information, makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately;
4. Problem Solving: identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and makes appropriate recommendations.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
DIA positions are Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) positions in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. All applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application. Applicants must meet the agency's conditions of employment, to include, but not limited to, satisfactory completion of an initial special background investigation and periodic reinvestigation, completion of any required medical examination and physical requirements, completion of any required personal interviews, favorable completion of any required initial or aperiodic polygraph examinations, completion of any required drug test, satisfactory completion of a two-year Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System trial period, and completion of a civilian mobility agreement. All employees are required to sign an agreement not to disclose, in any fashion, classified information to unauthorized persons. All civilian employees are required to participate in the DoD Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer of Pay (DD/EFT) Program. DIA employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Veterans who are preference-eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions are encouraged to apply.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes