Library Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Expected starting salary $38,000.00
Web Announcement :
Circulation & Reserves Specialist
The George Mason University Libraries, Access Services Department, seeks an energetic, dependable, experienced, and service-oriented individual to support the Fenwick Library Tuesday through Saturday operations, as a Library Specialist II, Circulation & Reserves Specialist.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position requires an experienced, customer focused, and service oriented individual to provide outstanding services to patrons at the Fenwick Library Information Desk and by telephone. The Circulation & Reserves Specialist is responsible for providing answers to informational and basic reference questions, assisting in physical and electronic course Reserve preparation and services, and assists with student supervision, and serves as senior person in charge of library facilities and services Friday evenings and Saturdays.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, and/or significant equivalent library experience
- Academic library experience
- Circulation services experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with current library systems (such as Alma) and research resources (such as EBSCO, JSTOR, ProQuest, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience with office productivity software, computer equipment and software
- Aptitude for accurate and detail-oriented work
- Solid organizational skills, including ability to manage competing priorities for self and others, meet deadlines, and exercise good judgment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) for providing customer service in a diverse, academic environment and for interacting with library staff, faculty, students, and members of the public
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, production- and service-oriented environment
- Physical ability to bend and reach overhead, to grasp and move library materials, to move and unpack packages and bins (up to 40 pounds), and to push loaded book trucks
- Ability to remain calm and arrive at fair and equitable solutions in a customer service environment
- Dependability and punctuality The following education and/or skill sets are preferred:
- Experience providing physical and electronic course Reserve services.
- Academic Library experience providing reference services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of copyright and fair use as they relate to course Reserve services of all types of library materials.
- Experience training and/or supervising student assistants.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-03-04