Plant Maintenance Supervisor
- Participates in work group setting to achieve collaborative outcomes;
- Evaluates work productivity through the use of a computerized maintenance management system;
- Evaluates competencies of subordinates, review plant utility and design drawings, assess cause and effect of equipment failure, ensures employees compliance with requirements of safety manual;
- Participates in the design and constructability of plant upgrades and expansion;
- Reviews and approves manufactures shop drawings prior to fabrication;
- Manages employee job performance, workplace conduct, and interview process in accordance with the department of human resources regulations, policies and procedures;
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the practices, methods, material and tools of the mechanical trades related to the maintenance of wastewater collection and conveyance system and treatment plant equipment;
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures used in wastewater treatment, pumping station and flow metering equipment;
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices;
- Ability to observe plant equipment and determine whether it is operating effectively;
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and supply policies and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA), Computerized Maintenance Systems (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management systems (EAM);
- Ability to use computers;
- Ability to read plant and pumping station utility and design drawings;
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinate personnel;
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications;
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex mechanical problems;
- Ability to make prompt and sound decisions in emergencies arising from electrical power failures, motor and pump failures and accidents involving release of toxic chemicals;
- Ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare reports;
- Ability to monitor and train subordinates of safety guidelines and practices;
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with employees and the public.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following: high school graduation or a GED issued by a state department of education; and two years of experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic; plus one year at the Plant Mechanic III level or equivalent senior treatment plant or pumping station mechanic.
Individual with at least three years of wastewater or industrial experience working in the capacity of plant mechanic.
With or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to distinguish different color wiring. Required to enter permitted confined spaces, using an OSHA certified non-entry retrieval system, which includes a safety harness with a weight restriction of 310 pounds. Able to stoop and stand for extended periods of time. Frequent exposure to loud noises and rare exposure to airborne substances, must be capable of climbing ladders, steps, and lifting 50 pounds. Subject to working in adverse weather conditions and may be exposed to raw waste or environments generating methane gas.
Note: Subject to 24 hour call back and must, therefore, be able to work emergency overtime.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Must have and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Driver's License.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is required to complete a criminal background check, driving record check, and pre-employment physical to the satisfaction of the employer.
Panel Interview, may include written exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance; TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.