Senior IT Systems Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a valued team member, the Senior Systems Engineer will serve as a key engineer on Intelsat's IT Operations team, integrally involved in Implementation and Support services. In this position you must be extremely familiar with Unix system administration best practices, configuration management process and procedures, and be able to utilize your excellent communication skills in a fast-paced environment. Your key role will be to provide operational support to an Enterprise community with a presence around the world, and to provide operational analysis and technical evaluations of integrated COTS and custom applications.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Bring your “A-Game” - These services are vital to your success at Intelsat: Unix operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory and its core services (DNS, WINS, DHCP, IIS), Network and Security infrastructure, SAN (NetApp), Citrix, VMWare, Highly Available Clusters as well as various backup, monitoring, deployment, and management solutions.
- Your experience with NetApp (or other storage products) and VMWare will be put to the test!
- You will create and deliver Power Point presentations to your team as well as presenting across departmental lines. Your excellent communication skills will be utilized!
- You will also be required to work close with peers and less experienced staff. Keys to your job success is to insure a well communicated path up and down your management chain and insure less experienced staff understand their role and assist them when needed.
Can you drive these processes?
- Develop and document system architecture and computing infrastructure?
- Manage a project from kick-off to close-out?
- Perform trending analysis and metrics definitions for improved operations?
- Evaluate systems, performance, and issues to provide recommendations for improvements?
- Ensure consistency of design methodology between operational projects?
- Assist IT Operations management with group vision, direction, and operational efficiency?
You should definitely have:
- A four-year college degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Linux/Unix system administration
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally
It would be nice if you had:
- A four-year college degree in Information Technology
- Experience in Imaging, Packaging, and Distributions schemes
- Directory Services and access methodologies (ADS, LDAP)
- A good working knowledge of Network technology, Information Security, and protocols
- Experience with VMWare, Citrix, SAN (NetApp), COTS (Oracle, HA / DR, etc.)
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.