Government Scientific Source Inc, GSS, an innovative veteran-owned small-business, distributor of scientific instruments and supplier of laboratory products and equipment to the federal government, is seeking a creative and motivated Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving and engaging brand experiences. This role defines GSS’ website and renovation strategy, and delivers profitable long-term growth in collaboration with sales, operations, supplier management, and finance.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
•Identify optimal engagement strategy and campaign structure to reach customers.
•Create the annual communications plan, including Touchpoint plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship, and measurement.
•Lead commercialization and build business plans for new product opportunities with key suppliers in collaborations with Sales, Operations, and Supplier Management.
•Lead by example and motivate direct reports to build appropriate development plans and coach the team to ensure that the mutual, agreed upon objectives are achieved.
•Monitor and grow various marketing channels including social media outlets.
•Design and implement marketing strategies aligned with business targets.
•Plan/Oversee digital campaign to increase web traffic, and establish a strong and long-term web presence.
• A BA or BS in Marketing or relevant field.
• Superior communication skills.
• Proven work experience as a Marketing Strategist or Marketing Manager.
• Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office and WordPress.
• Ability for creative web design.
• Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics or Hubspot.
• Digital Marketing experience with Facebook and LinkedIn.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong team management skills.
• Desirable Considerations: Programming ability for ASP.NET, C#, Classic ASP, SQL.
Hiring Location: Reston, VA
GSS offers excellent benefits including health insurance, FSA/DCA, 100% company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, onsite fitness room and more!
It is the policy of GSS to maintain a drug-free workplace, and to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Email resume and salary requirements to HR@govsci.com.