The National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA) is recruiting a full-time operations manager.
This position is a pivotal member of the NASAA team, responsible for ensuring the smooth running of NASAA's day-to-day office functions. The operations manager provides front-office administrative support, manages the mission-critical membership database, and assists with accounting functions and conference and meeting logistics.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the physical office and equipment
- Manages day-to-day relationships with vendors, suppliers and property representatives
- Handles telephone and front desk reception duties
- Responsible for the data integrity of and data entry for NASAA's membership database
- Manages registration data entry for annual meetings
- Assists with the planning and execution of meetings and events
- Assists with day-to-day accounting functions, including accounts payable and receivable, logging payments, generating invoices and tracking project costs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Four+ years of relevant office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a member-driven or client-centered organization
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with databases
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Solid computer abilities and knowledge of office equipment
- Ability to work as a member of a team and individually
- Experience with QuickBooks or the iMIS membership management system a big plus
The operations manager is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position including benefits. Starting salary depends upon qualifications and experience. For more information about NASAA, go to www.nasaa-arts.org.
Apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using "Operations Manager" as the subject line.
Applications should include:
- a resume
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position and noting where you found this job announcement
You may also include a writing sample demonstrating your ability to communicate persuasively and clearly.
For best consideration, apply by Monday, March 11. Do not apply via fax, phone call or postal mail.
NASAA is dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes, respects and values people of all races, colors, ages, genders, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, creeds, ancestries, national origins, disabilities and veteran statuses. Members of these groups are strongly encouraged to apply.