Event Program Executive
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics is seeking a dynamic and experienced Event Program Executive. This individual will guide the development and execution of a new AIAA event and the long-term vision of the program. The incumbent will work closely with staff, outside partners, consultants, and AIAA members to ensure that the content and format of event and its outcome is aligned with the organizational vision. The Event Program Executive will lead a cross-functional internal AIAA staff team to ensure attendee, partner, and organizational expectations are met.
The Event Program Executive will:
- Provide strategic, operational, and financial decision-making authority for the event in close consultation with internal staff team and the event Executive Producer.
- Work closely with the event Executive Producer and volunteer committees to identify themes, focus areas, and high-level topics to be addressed across the program on an annual basis.
- Assume full project ownership to ensure deadlines, schedules and budgets are met in close coordination with internal staff stakeholders.
- Cooperate with internal cross-functional team to ensure clear communication and program and budget accountability.
- Research important industry topics and keep up to date with industry trends to ensure event content is relevant to the intended audience.
- Work with Executive Producer to source, select and secure the participation of high level, industry leading speakers through research, networking, and existing contacts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, C-level executives throughout the year.
- Provide input for the sales and marketing strategy and enable successful execution by responsible team members.
- Regularly promote and advocate for the event on social media channels to generate support and excitement.
- Work with the event onsite implementation team to provide exceptional customer experiences.
- Reports to Director, Forum Program Development
- Moderate domestic travel: 4-6 times per year
- Work with staff, AIAA member volunteers and other stakeholders in the aerospace industry
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) related field, or in science and technology policy
- 5-10 years relevant experience; association or non-profit project management experience highly desired
- Ambitious, passionate, and intellectually curious about the development of a thriving, sustainable space-based economy.
- Strong interest in space exploration, science, technology, policy, global cooperation.
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset to take a new product from concept to execution in a short period of time.
- Ideal candidate will have considerable familiarity with the dynamics, influencers, and politics of the aerospace industry
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate/integrate aerospace-related content with internal teams as necessary to facilitate product and program development
- Customer focused with demonstrated ability to be responsive to internal team members, volunteers, and external stakeholders
- Strong team management and leadership skills
- Proven track record of delivering projects on schedule and within budget while working under pressure
- Strong communications skills – written, oral, and presentation
- Ability to engage with very senior management in the aerospace industry
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to speak in public with confidence before large live audiences
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work at AIAA?
Make a real difference in the aerospace industry! Assist us in positioning aerospace for its exciting future while celebrating the industry’s pioneering accomplishments. As an AIAA employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:
- 37.5-hr work week
- 11 holidays + vacation and sick leave
- Great location off the Dulles Toll Road near the new Reston Silver Line Metro
- Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ by Fairfax County Transit Authority and the National Center for Transit Research
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with low co-pays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with generous match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Health club subsidy
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191