Associate Director, Continuing Education
The purpose of this position is to assist in translating the strategic direction provided by the American Speech- Language-Hearing Association’s (ASHA) volunteer leadership, the Continuing Education Board (CEB), and the Director, Continuing Education into effective implementation. The position is responsible for recommending direction and implementing strategies that further the mission of the Continuing Education (CE) Program. The incumbent leads all phases of the CE Provider approval and compliance process and provides program leadership.
- Develop and implement initiatives and strategies in collaboration with staff and volunteer leaders, to enhance benefits and services that attract new and retain current CE Providers and ASHA CE Registry users, as well as generate non-dues revenue.
- Ensure alignment of rigor, quality, and continuous improvement in ASHA’s CE Program.
- Monitor credentialing and regulatory environments to enhance and market the value of ASHA's CE Program.
- Oversee CE Provider approval process on behalf of the CEB.
- Monitor and facilitate CE Providers’ compliance with ASHA CEB Requirements.
- Facilitate the CEB’s adjudication of CE Provider and participant appeals.
- Provide supervision, coaching, leadership, and managerial support.
- Represent ASHA CE at exhibiting opportunities, conferences and at internal and external meetings.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Master’s degree in education, non-profit or business administration, or related field
- Five or more years’ experience in adult learning, continuing professional education, accreditation, program planning/management, planning/teaching/training adults or students or a related field
- Experience with the accreditation of health professions education and continuing education standards
- Experience in coaching/supervision
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Research and interpret regulatory statutes and policies
- Develop and manage the implementation of new programs
- Develop and write technically complex documents
- Interpret and report statistical data
- Manage projects, and quality and process improvements efforts, and mentor others in these skills
- Implement technology solutions including articulating requirements, interpreting specifications, creating test plans, conducting testing, and mapping out successful implementation plans
- Use Microsoft Office products and relational databases, effectively and efficiently
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Organize and prioritize complex workloads and effectively manage multiple complex projects at various stages of their implementation with attention to detail and deadlines
- Problem-solve independently and pro-actively about tasks related to job responsibilities
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers including the ability to explain complex procedures and requirements
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively on a team as well as the ability to lead teams in work directives
- Deal discreetly with confidential information
- Lead teams and coach others in work directives, goal setting and evaluation
- Work with teams and with volunteer committees
- Facilitate group consensus on difficult issues
- Write and present information effectively