Legal Secretary (DC)
LOCATION: Washington, DC (metro-accessible)
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
International law firm seeks a Legal Secretary to join their DC office’s Secretarial Services Team. As a member of the Firm’s professional staff, the Legal Secretary will play an integral role in providing high-quality service to clients.
Candidates should be dedicated and tech-savvy with a good sense of humor and the ability to work with different personalities.
- Providing administrative and secretarial support to attorneys, including secretarial team coverage and back-up support
- Providing administrative and/or project support to various departments and personnel, as needed
- Answering, screening, and placing phone calls; assisting and directing callers as appropriate
- Opening, reading, and routing mail as directed
- Preparing correspondence, documents, reports, and spreadsheets
- Maintaining attorney and client files, records, and contact lists
- Scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and coordinating travel plans, as needed
- Taking and transcribing dictation (e.g., fast notes, shorthand)
- Assisting attorney(s) with administrative work and projects
- Preparing attorney time records, expense reports, and check requests
- Handling personal matters requested by attorney(s)
- Performing frequent physical exertion, including: sitting, repetitive use of both hands, and lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three (3) years of related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems (e.g., billing file management database)
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
Please submit your resume in Word format to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!