Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply
Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve Employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.)
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- Broad expert knowledge of the mission and responsibilities of the ODNI and elements of the Intelligence Community. Experience in an IC element is preferred.
- Demonstrated superior ability to lead a team, develop plans, conduct research, execute projects, and write reports to substantiate findings and develop actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated superior ability to examine information, identify problems and deficiencies, uncover root causes, develop findings, and make cogent, actionable recommendations.
- Expert analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think strategically, identify needs and requirements, and develop recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Superior judgment and expert ability to form objective conclusions and recommendations based on evidence and other pertinent information.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and demonstrated expert ability to produce clear and logical reports.
- Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to interview, negotiate, brief senior officials, and work effectively, both independently and in teams or other collaborative environment.
- Program Management and/or Intelligence Oversight experience is preferred.
- OIG experience preferred (Inspections, Evaluations, Audit and/or Investigations)
- A four-year degree from an accredited institution
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- For a selected non-Federal Government candidate, salary will be established within the salary range listed above, based on education and experience.
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
- Life Insurance: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
- Long-Term Care Insurance: http://www.ltcfeds.com
- Federal Employees Retirement SYSTEM (FERS) (new employees automatically covered): http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp If you are transferring from another agency and covered by the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS), you may continue in that system.
- Annual and Sick Leave: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care: http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Alternative Work Schedules
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI_COO_TM_EEOD_RA_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by telephone at 301-243-0704 or by FAX at 301-243-1200. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION ABOVE. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the vacancy announcement, particularly the MDRs, and construct their resume to highlight their most significant experience and qualifications relevant to this job opportunity.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes