LEARNING SOLUTIONS DIRECTOR
Occasional travel - Up to 5%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
a. As owner of the DAU.mil platform and tools contained within, you will manage and grow the use of our digital platform. Address your skills in planning, organizing, budgeting, scheduling, and managing the resources by describing your experience in managing/growing technology products with a large user base.
b. DAU is looking for a leader with experience working in a fast-paced, startup like environment. Provide examples of your prior website program management responsibilities that met customer or organizational requirements or that failed to live up to expectations and your leadership lessons learned.
c. You are one of the principal voices and champions of the consumer by driving the growth of the digital platform a methodical orderly way. Describe your ability to analyze complex and challenging website issues and how you established/managed requirements to solve those problems using innovative solutions that were delivered and communicated to win stakeholder buy-in.
d. You will grow your skill set and knowledge base by working alongside talented and passionate teammates from diverse backgrounds. Cite your leadership ability to work collaboratively up, down and across the enterprise in building constructive and effective relationships. Also, address your biggest organizational human resource leadership challenge to date and steps taken to resolve the issue(s).
2. Product Management and Technical Experience:
a. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) rate your knowledge of and skills related to:
1. Experience with User-centered design.
2. Ability to use visual design to effectively communicate your ideas.
3. Experience in connecting and conveying insights into customer behavior - from problems to solutions and how you were able to or how it could optimize a product or service.
4. Understanding and/or experience with Front End Web Development.
b. Address your ability to develop and validate a product strategy by defining a minimum viable product (MVP), key metrics, personas, wireframes, a product roadmap, and user stories.
c. Describe your experience managing system upgrades and evaluating/testing software or functionality changes to determine suitability for an adult learning constituency.
d. Provide examples of your experience in managing or participating in significant change management efforts as part of continuous product improvement efforts.
3. Communication and Teamwork:
a. Address your knowledge of or experience with Digital Marketing to include the following:
1. Understanding of social advertising and use of Google Analytics to find meaning in user behavior.
2. Ability to develop and plan a campaign using data and search strategies - and measured by key performance indicators (KPIs).
3. Your knowledge or experience with: Acquiring-How search-engine/content marketing helps reach a target audience, Converting-Art of using landing pages to transform interested prospects into customers, and Retaining-Ways to use email-marketing for engagement.
b. Cite your demonstrated ability to effectively identify, improve, revise, and communicate procedures, standards, processes and project status with organizational personnel, outside agencies, and vendors.
c. Address your strong presentation skills; Ability to explain Project activities in layman's terms and discuss potential results and trade-offs with non-technical business users.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp.
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov.
For additional Veteran's information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.gov
- You must have achieved DAWIA Level III certification in Program Management or alternatively, you must have the ability to obtain the required certification for the position within 24 months of appointment.
- Initial appointment is made for a period of four years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU probationary period of one year. Every year, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus service at DAU can be extended indefinitely.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance.
- Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing.
- You will be required to join the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the excepted service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive services voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): You must be well qualified for the position to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. A qualified ICTAP eligible achieving a score of 85 or above will be considered "well qualified". For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap(http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap)
- Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf (htt
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans' preference eligibility is treated as a positive factor when making a selection from external sources. It is applied when the organization makes a final selection from the candidates with substantially equal qualifications as described in the Best Meets Mission Requirements definition below. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
Best Meets Mission Requirements definition: Applicant has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to substantially exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. This equates to the best qualified assessment criteria established for the vacancy and based on overall demonstrated experience, education, training, appraisals/evaluations, job-related awards, certifications, honors and relevant outside activities.
Pay Band A: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 4 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band B: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band C: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 8 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
The President of DAU can waive all criteria.