PROFESSOR OF CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
Occasional travel - Up to 30%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Your resume must demonstrate how you apply your knowledge, experience, and technical skills to teach and facilitate higher levels of learning for the Department of Defense Acquisition Workforce. This requires an in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the DoD Supplement to the FAR (DFARS), and the Procedures, Guidance and Instructions (PGI) companion to the DFARS.
For optimum consideration, ensure your resume package clearly describes how your experience and educational achievements provide you key qualifications, including the following:
Foundational Learning (Teaching): Ability to teach and facilitate adult learning. This includes: the ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex managerial material to students with different backgrounds and experiences; a proficiency in delivery methods such as guided discussions, short lectures, role plays, problem-based learning (PBL) and case studies; the ability to incorporate the learner's experience into the learning process along with the ability to motivate learners to participate actively in the learning process; and the ability to organize information. Typical courses are 1, 2, or 4 weeks in duration. Instruction is provided both on campus and off-site, which will require periodic travel.
Performance Learning (Consulting and mission assistance): Ability to consult with DoD clients at various levels of authority from mid-grade to general officers/SES, including but not limited to areas related to both pre- and post-award contracting/acquisition to include the ability to assist in guiding acquisition strategy development, the acquisition planning process, source selection and contract administration.
Workflow Learning (Asset management and delivery): Ability to significantly contribute to, manage or develop both in-residence and online learning assets/products for the career field or other DoD Acquisition Workforce members. This ability must include the continuous assessment, currency, and quality of these artifacts.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp.
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov.
For additional Veteran's information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.govIf selected for this position, you will be subject to a security investigation.
- You must have achieved DAWIA Level III certification in Contracting or alternatively, you must have the ability to obtain the required certification for the position within 24 months of appointment.
- Initial appointment is made for a period of four years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU probationary period of one year. Every year, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus service at DAU can be extended indefinitely.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance.
- Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing.
- You will be required to join the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the excepted service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive services voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): You must be well qualified for the position to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. A qualified ICTAP eligible achieving a score of 85 or above will be considered "well qualified". For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap(http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap)
- Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf (htt
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans' preference eligibility is treated as a positive factor when making a selection from external sources. It is applied when the organization makes a final selection from the candidates with substantially equal qualifications as described in the Best Meets Mission Requirements definition below. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
Best Meets Mission Requirements definition: Applicant has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to substantially exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. This equates to the best qualified assessment criteria established for the vacancy and based on overall demonstrated experience, education, training, appraisals/evaluations, job-related awards, certifications, honors and relevant outside activities.
Pay Band A: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 4 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band B: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band C: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 8 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
The President of DAU can waive all criteria.