Student Trainee - General Business (Pathways Internship )
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Students enrolled or accepted for enrollment as degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) seeking students in an accredited high school or State approved home school, technical or vocational school, 2 or 4-year college or university or graduate or professional school, with at least a half-time course load. Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 or higher).
Veterans Preference applies and will be adjudicated accordingly.
Excepted Appointment Not-To-Exceed (NTE) 09/30/2019, some appointments may be extended for one year and/or may be converted to a term or permanent position; however, conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed. Some appointments may be extended or may be eligible for conversion if eligibility requirements are met. Please check out the requirements on OPMs website.
This vacancy is limited to the first 200 applicants and may close before the close date listed here if that limit is reached.Students will be evaluated based on a comparison of the quality and extent of their education as reflected in their resume against the requirements of available positions.
If you are a Veteran Preference eligible candidate, you will be listed at the top of whatever quality category your rating places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest quality category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at the GS-09 or higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated “ineligible”, “not qualified” or your score may be adjusted.
Level of Education:
- GS-4: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree.
GS-5: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
GS-7: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a bachelor's degree.NOTE: One full academic year of undergraduate; graduate; vocational; trades; technical or high school education is the number of credit hours determined by the college, university or school to represent 1 year of full-time study. One year of education is typically defined as two semesters (30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours).
Copies of unofficial transcripts and proof of enrollment must be provided at the time of application to support your educational claims.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to one year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: http://www.usajobs.gov/raps
Veterans Information: http://www.usajobs.gov/vi
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Students will be evaluated based on a comparison of the quality and extent of their education as reflected in their resume against the requirements of available positions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No